It is natural to associate Drama with actors performing on stage. With this association comes an assumption that Drama is for people who desire to be actors. In reality drama is so much more than performance; and it is for a much wider group of people than performers.
Participating in a Drama Class or Workshop will naturally help teach acting skills and increase knowledge of the art form; But it goes further than that where it actually helps develop valuable life skills.
- It inspires creativity and the use of imagination which increases ones ability to problem solve
- It encourages team work skills like cooperation and collaboration
- It teaches respect for self and others
- It builds confidence in oneself which enables one to take risks
- It builds resilience and encourages flexibility
- It provides an opportunity to learn basic social skills, build friendships and develop empathy
- It improves communication skills.
- It grows leadership skills and fosters independence
- It improves the ability to focus and it works to develop a greater level of self control and discipline
- And on top of all that, it’s just plain fun
Shy Chameleon Drama Co. was birthed out of a desire to teach acting skills, develop life skills, explore social issues and share stories. It is a company that creates programs and spaces that enable people to learn about life and drama simultaneously.